Thursday, December 20, 2007

Being Santa

Of all the people you love as kids, one person definitely features very high up in the list - Santa Claus. All of us, for some time or the other have totally believed in the existence of Santa. In fact I used to believe in him till I was about 7-8 years old. But of course all of us grow of the I-believe-in-Santa period and then do not care much for him till maybe lots of years into the future when you would pretend to be Santa for your kids. For me however, going around this circle has taken very little time.
As some of you might be aware, my mother runs a nursery school. And over the last few years I have been involved with the school in a variety of roles ranging from sweeper to substitute teacher (but mostly as the computer expert). But today I donned a new role - I was Santa Claus! It wasn't easy I tell you, wearing a cushion inside the Santa pants so as to look fat, but it was definitely worth it. My job was pretty simple - ask the children their names and give them each a few chocolates. Needless to say they had a blast! They even ended up mobbing me towards the end! All this even brought a smile to my face - it just felt so good to be loved so much. I hope the children loved it and that they would believe in Santa Claus for some time more. After all , its important to believe in something .
And yes, before I leave, Greetings from Santa - Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments: