Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Quiz-o-mania!

Last week: Took part in an unknown quiz at VIT. Won't bother repeating how terrible the quiz was. Got first prize - 100 bucks. I know this sucks, but I don't mind - it was my first quizzing bounty for this season. And coming in February, it's about time too!

Today (6th Feb): Semifinals & hopefully finals of the quiz at PVG's COET. Elims were terrible so not expecting too much from the main quiz. Apparently the semis is another written affair so might as well call them round 2 of the elims. Didn't have any great expectations from the quiz or the college for that matter. My brother has told me stories of how people from this college when asked about their college's name say COET very quickly so that it sounds like COEP. You losers!
This will be followed by the quiz at SCMHRD (or Scumhard to make it easy) which I shall be conducting. Let's hope that goes well.

10th Feb: The big one. Grindhouse - the open sports quiz. A unique quizzing double feature conducted by me & Aditya Gadre (some call it the Khazu/Zizou double feature). What I like most about the quiz is the fact that I come on for the second half of the double feature. Which means that I emulate the great man, Quentin Tarantino himself. Have been working on this quiz for quite a while and think it might turn out pretty good. Followed by Salil & Anna's Aleatory which promises to be good too.

Ah! So many quizzes! It can't get better than this!

Update: Won the PVG quiz! Even the SCMHRD quiz went well. Didn't go to college at all. What a day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clarification: Maitreyi Gupta or anyone else from the Epiphany/Quiz-o-mania team had nothing to do with this quiz.... it was some IEEE quiz....kindly do not tarnish my image.

Maitreyi

Anonymous said...

Ok seriously, this is pissing me off... change this blog, or at least the title!

Maitreyi