Thursday, May 22, 2008

CAT 08

The most important thing for me in the coming months is the CAT which would be sometime around November. And I have started off with my preparations for it, albeit a bit late.
So just to try something new, I shall be posting my SimCAT scores on my blog. Hopefully, the fear of public humiliation might lead me to study harder. So here it goes:

May 18 : SimCAT 1
I screwed up! These three words basically sum up my exam. For the first time ever I managed not to finish a CAT paper and that was really bad. I screwed up big time in Verbal, which is generally my forte, did okay in Maths but definitely need to improve. As for DI, it was a pretty good attempt from my side, much better than my last few papers. So let's hope the performance curve keeps pointing upwards.

Scorecard:
Verbal Maths DI Overall
Percentile 97.36 96.76 90.58 98.42
Score 32 35 39 106
Cut-off 28 31 45 113

So, basically, I'm yet to clear the DI cut-off and unfortunately I failed to clear the overall cut-off too. Let's hope I clear them both next time around. That will tell me where I actually stand as I shall receive an All-India ranking if I clear all cut-offs.

(Key : SimCAT : A mock CAT exam conducted by IMS
DI : Data Interpretation)

1 comment:

Abhishek said...

Noble initiative indeed! Keep it coming.