Saturday, May 10, 2008

Summer Reading

The holidays are always a good time to catch up on a bit of reading. And the long holidays that I am facing now are no exception. And to get through them I have already got a few books which should last me through the endless days when I have nothing to do. They are as follows:

1. Good Omens (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman) : I'm already halfway through the book and its damn good. Note to self: Read more of Pratchett & Gaiman

2. Malgudi Days (RK Narayan) : Has been lying with me for ages. Hope to start soon.

3. Night Watch (Terry Pratchett) : The only Discworld novel that I could lay my hands on in BCL. I know its not the first in the series by any means, but after reading Good Omens, I really took the above mentioned self-addressed note seriously.

4. The long dark tea time of the soul(DNA) : Wanted this one for quite some time. Anything by DNA has to be good.

5. Crime & Punishment (Fyodor Dostoevsky) : One of the all time greats, as they say. I haven't actually read many of these 'classics', so lets see how it turns out.

6. Beyond a Boundary (CLR James) : Widely acclaimed to be the best book ever written on cricket, this book shall be the next chapter in my cricketing education which has been side-tracked of late.


And most importantly,
7. How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT (Arun Sharma) : Got it from Abhishek yesterday. Started with chapter one today. I know this doesn't actually fit here, but who the hell cares.

P.S : Since we are on the topic of books, this is a gentle reminder to all those of you who have borrowed books from me and haven't returned them for ages. Please do so soon.

No comments: