Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Calvin & Hobbes

I've always loved my comics, be it Tintin, Asterix, Garfield, Archie or Tinkle. But nowadays I have a new favourite - Calvin & Hobbes. Somehow I feel that I can connect with that little fella Calvin. And as for Hobbes, Tigers don't come any cuter.
Well most of you must be knowing a lot more about Calvin & Hobbes than me. So I'm not going to tell you anything more about it. I'd just like to mention my favourite Calvin & Hobbes strip , which was published in today's Indian Express. Here it is:

Calvin(to his friend): I sure am great. I'm one of the greatest people who ever lived. How lucky you are to know someone as great as me. I'm great in so many great ways. In fact, I'm so great that my greatness is ...
His friend: You're not great. You're the most conceited blowhard I've ever met.
(Friend goes away)
Calvin(to himself): When you're great, people often mistake candour for bragging.

See the startling resemblance between me & him?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I never found you bragging!