Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A few pointers

I've got nothing much to write right now. In fact, I'd rather not write much right now because my exams are on & I've just done extremely badly in my first paper. Therefore I've decided to pass down some wisdom, which I gained after this paper & which I'm bound to lose before my next paper. So here are some tips for that rare breed who is more stupid than me & might actually gain from knowing this:
A few pointers (or rather the reasons for my current sorry state):
1. Days that begin with you being in bed till 10:30 AM & then again sleeping from 1:30 PM to 6:00 PM rarely go well.
2. Such days become even worse if you go to hotel 'China Gate' on JM Road for dinner. Hard on the pocket, bad for the stomach. My advice : don't go there.
3. And yes, these days happen to be worst in case you have your exams in the same week.
4. India losing the match is no reason not to study, however die-hard a cricket fan you may be.
5. If the exams are 2 days away & you still don't feel like studying, consult a psychiatrist.
6. Whoever said 'Playing chess sharpens your mind. Therefore regular games of chess are bound to help you in your studies' obviously had it all wrong & must have had a miserable life.
7. Orkut is a great way to spend your time. I never knew this. Unfortunately I realised this just before the exams.In case you still don't know this, I suggest you stay away from it till the exams end.
8. Chatting with your friends till late in the night isn't exactly advisable. Especially if they're through with studies & you've just begun.
9. Come to think of it, I think I myself had made up that quote mentioned in tip no. 6. Which means that it is totally correct. Scant consolation though.
10. And finally, just because you have a blog doesn't give you the right, nor an excuse, to go online everyday. That you do so anyways is just another one of your problems.
However I do have some self respect left. Therefore I'll do my best and try not to repeat these mistakes again. I promise myself, I'll get through this unscathed at best or at worst, with a marksheet resembling India's tailend scorecard.

No comments: