Sunday, February 26, 2006

Finally it feels like I'm in college

During your schooling life, you always dream about how college would be. You just can't wait to get out of school & into college, thinking that college life consists only of hanging out with your friends, bunking lectures & hot girls(especially for guys like me who are from a Boys school).
Thinking on similar lines, I went for the first day of my junior college with great expectations. But it proved to be great dud, not just the first day, but the entire 2 years in Junior college. First we'd feel great on having bunked a lecture but the college campus was so depressing that we never attended college for months on end. That's when I realised that college life in Nashik is useless & that to enjoy an ideal college life I had to shift to some other city.
This led to my coming to the 'Oxford of the East' - Pune. I'd secured admission in a very reputed college & really looked forward to starting college. But once again, the first semester proved to be a total dud. Being in an E&TC division, I just HAD to attend lectures regularly, as everyone else did. And there were no other extra-curricular activities to distract me from the annoying truth that it was turning out to be like school all over again- with the fun part excluded.
However, things have changed drastically this semester. I'm taking part in numerous activities, regularly bunking lectures to watch movies, surf the net or just to chill out at the Boat Club. And also convincing others to take common-offs, which has to rank amongst my greatest achievements as our division consists of a large number of total Nerds. The activities I've mentioned include the World record attempt at skipping(see previous post), organizing the ZEST sports quiz, helping in organising 'Chakravyuh'(see next post), participating in various quizzes, playing in plastic ball cricket competitions at the Hostel & being a part of the College Chess team. In fact, I'm so caught up in all this that I really can't remember the last lecture I attended, though my attendance sheet shows something totally different(Thank You Proxyman Pradeep).
Hence my day consists of getting up early, going for skipping practice, attending a practical(if possible), scouring the net for questions for the quiz, going for skipping yet again & then chatting with friends & playing chess late into the night. THAT is what I call an ideal college life. Thus I'm pretty happy with whats going on now. I just hope it never ends. Now never again shall I say that college life sucks.

No comments: