Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dhekun 2 : Evolution

All those who have ever spent time at the College of Engineering, Pune Hostel must have had a number of close encounters of the fourth kind with the Dhekun (bedbugs). Especially all those who were unfortunate enough to spend time at the dreaded I-block. So when I finally left I-block after one year of suffering, I thought that my tryst with the Dhekuns had ended. However, it has proved to be otherwise.
I have now come across a new species. They have evolved from their predecessors and have grown resistance to all forms of insecticides. In fact, they seem to thrive on them because everytime I spray insecticide, they seem to grow in numbers. And whereas all these years I was happily Dhekun - resistant myself, I used to be fast asleep even though I had lots of them crawling over me, it seems that these new suckers have found a way to trouble me too with their constant biting and their penchant for exploring all parts of my bed. And it seems that the new species has evolved intellectually as well, they have started their attack right during my exams - the time when I am least likely to bother them and also the time when I spend most of the day in bed. They have decided not to let me sleep and I have decided to fight it out like a man. It's war now - Man v/s Beast. And though the man may not be doing much on the war front right now, I'm warning you Dhekuns - I'm gonna getcha !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jaani,yeh koi aise waise 'dhekun' nahi hain..
they r COEP ke 'dhekun'...being intelligent comes naturally!