Sunday, March 23, 2008

Jaane bhi do yaaro....

Another movie which I should have seen long long long ago but only managed to see it yesterday. I had been trying to get a copy of the movie from my friend (read Yasho) since ages but he kept on forgetting it all the time. Finally I found a VCD of it in the most unlikely places imaginable - my own home. Turns out Dad is a great fan of Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro too. And after watching the movie, I am totally with him on this one.
I wont bother with a review as I am sure all of you have seen the movie. But I was just wondering, what went wrong with Kundan Shah? His next film was 10 years later - Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na- which was another movie I really liked. But then after another 7 year hiatus, all he could come up with were movies like Kya Kehna, Hum to Mohabbat Karega, Dil Hai Tumhaara and the immensely forgettable Ek se badhkar Ek? Surely there's something wrong there.

No comments: