Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Goodbye Gilchrist

You might be wondering why I haven't written anything about Adam Gilchrist's retirement from cricket, considering that he's one of my favourite cricketers. It's just that I have been in a state of total shock following his announcement and am yet to come to terms with the fact that I have seen him bat for the last time in Tests. And I also cannot forgive myself for having missed his last test innings. I was greatly saddened by Shane Warne's retirement but at least in his case I knew that the end was coming and hence had time to prepare myself. However, this came totally out of the blue and has caught me unprepared. Which explains why I did not want to talk about it till now.
So I'd like to take this chance to sincerely thank Adam Gilchrist for the unbounded joy that he gave me everytime he batted. And I wish him good luck for whatever he does further in life. We'll miss you a lot Adam :(

No comments: