Monday, January 23, 2006

Nashikroad Bhushan 2006

Yep that's me. To receive this honour I travelled the 200 km distance from Pune to Nashik on Friday night. The function was on the 22nd ie Sunday. There were a total of 14 recipients of the award, each for outstanding work in his own field. My field of excellence was education. Actually the award was given to me not only because I came 2nd in the Merit list but also because of the various activities in which I took part. Actually it was because of these activities that I pipped the guy who came first to the honour.
The certificate which I received stated that I was selected for this honour because of my outstanding contribution to the field of education, the hard work, the efforts & the dedication with which I served this field & that it is expected that I continue the good work I have done for years to come. I do hope they selected the right guy.
One of the recipients along with me was a cop who, literally, uses his head with devastating effects. He is in the Limca book of records for breaking 3000 bricks with his head. When he came to receive the award, he even gave a demonstration of his strength by banging his head against a metal block repeatedly. He surely gave the term headbanging a whole new meaning. I hope I can be so 'Headstrong' in the future. The other recipients included a female cop, 2 doctors and a businessman amongst others.
But that's all over. Now I'm in Pune again after my short but sweet stay in Nashik. So another week of college to look ahead to, after which I'll be heading home once again, why I'll tell later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aniket may I know what great work U did for the field of Education????????

Harish Kumar said...

Interesting. CONGRATS.