Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The week that was

It's a long time since I last made a post. And the reasons behind this are various so let's go over them one by one:
1. Studies: Yeah, sometimes you do have to study. Though I feel that in our class,I am the one who studies the least, even I spent some time studying last week. However I spent a lot more time trying to study or trying to avoid sleep while trying to study and hence found very little time for the blog. But that's all history now. I've decided that enough is enough. I'll no longer study unless it is absolutely necessary or I feel like doing so. Period.

2. College: Believe or not, college started regularly this week. And because of my crazy schedule I have to be in college from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM on most days. And since I am in E & TC, attendance is very high overall and I don't want to be the guy with the least attendance. However the extended college timings mean that I spend a lot of time at the bc. Every dark cloud DOES have a silver lining after all!!

3. Quizzing: Well finally I make a mention of my favourite hobby. There were actually 2 quizzes this weekend, but I could make it to only one of them. Even there (the IMS Quiz) we failed to qualify. But sitting in the audience I won a t-shirt and the manorama yearbook. And on top of that it was a great quiz with the winners being decided on the final question. So I've decided to at least attend as many quizzes as I can. Winning or rather qualifying for them can be kept for later.

4. Reading: I realise that this is another hobby that I haven't mentioned before. But I do read a lot. As of now I have about 7-8(or maybe more) books in my room which are unrelated to studies. These are mostly books on Chess & Cricket. Currently I'm reading 'On & off the field' by Ed Smith who played a few tests for England a year ago. This book is an autobiography of his and I'm enjoying reading it a lot. Though I surely won't recommend this book to the non-completely cricket crazy public, which happens to include all of my friends, relatives and almost everybody I know & surely all those who read this blog.

5. Skipping skipping and playing chess: Day before yesterday, some seniors came to our hostel block. Last year our college had entered the Limca book of records for the most number of people skipping on one rope & this year the aim is to enter the Guinnes book for which they need at least 221 people. I had spent most of my week just fooling around so I decided to take part. The mere thought of my name entering the Guinnes book made me very enthusiastic. So I went to the BC for the meeting. That went well but after that I stayed on for the chess meeting followed by practice. This practice is going to take place daily which means that I'll have to skip skipping. It feels kind of sad to do that now, but chess ranks higher on my list of priorities. But the worst part is that I can't even play as a part of the Chess team in 'Zest' as I am organising a quiz in that event. Life sucks.

6. Organizing quizzes: This is the only good thing happening this week. It gives me a chance to go online regularly as I have to frame questions for both the 'Zest' quiz as well as 'Chakravyuh'. Along with that I also have to do some other work like booking audis etc which includes visits to certain people who are never there (I'm not taking names on purpose). But this is the only thing, other than Chess, towards which I'm working whole-heartedly. I hope to succeed in this endeavour.

Well now you know what sort of week I had. Besides the above mentioned things, the week also consisted of a cancelled trek (Sinhagad once more) & 2 cancelled movie plans. However it also consisted of a great birthday bash (Prutha's) on Sunday & a lot of time with my elder brother who convinced me that studies are not that important and one should take part in other activities too. And like all good younger brothers I obeyed him - I haven't studied for even a minute since I met him.

No comments: