Friday, January 27, 2006

Of bikes & confidence

When it rains it pours. This certainly came true for my brother (and indirectly for me) this monday when he bought a bike & a laptop on the same day. But for today, the laptop will have to wait, it's the bike that is the main topic of discussion.
I spent the next few days roaming around with him, going to relatives' places, hotels & other such stuff. I even got a chance to drive his bike. But I have very little experience of driving bikes 'cause I've never had a bike of my own. Therefore I acquitted myself pretty badly while riding his bike. That I could return it to him in one piece & without any scratches was an achievement in itself . But then again, I was driving a bike after a year's gap so I guess it was expected. But this has dealt another blow to my rapidly falling confidence in the matters of driving. That's because it was only last month that I had an accident on my Kinetic, so my inability to drive a bike is even more worrying. Can I really drive at all? Maybe I should switch to cycles - it's environment friendly, good exercise & right now seems to be the only way in which I can get around safely. Gee, how on earth did I get a license in the first place?

No comments: