Tuesday, January 03, 2006

TV Commercials

Recently I got a chance to see this completely mindblowing BSNL commercial in it's complete avatar. I'm talking about the one which begins with Mai samay hoon... and reaching even greater heights during it's short broadcast time. It shows a complete family making various demands and in the case of the kid even the sound and visual aren't synchronised properly. The reason why I got to see this commercial in full so late was that almost all the successful channels allow only 10 second slots as a result of which most ads have to be edited(so sad). It is only the channels like SAB TV (or Sony SAB) now that show these ads in full and hence give us a great time. Three cheers to them.That ad certainly ranks amongst the Worst I have ever seen. Maybe I should put up a list someday. Oh and I was so engrossed in watching the full-length ads that I forgot what I was watching in the first place. That's also because the 'short' commercial break lasted 20 minutes. Somebody should do something about this.

No comments: